Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day! I hope you treated someone special (ahem – YOURSELF) to a delightful meal and some fun. I made my littlest valentine heart shaped coconut flour pancakes – even my picky eater will eat them!
Here’s the basic recipe for low carb, high fiber coconut flour pancakes. It’s very flexible and I frequently play with the amounts.
- 2-4 TB coconut flour (my recipe usually calls for 2 but depending on the brand, you may need up to 4 TB to thicken the batter)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- A few drops of maple extract or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of each: baking soda, salt
- about a teaspoon of lemon juice (for acidity to react with your baking soda)
- few drops of liquid stevia, or other sweetener of your choice
- If needed, 3 TB milk or non-dairy milk (using Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour you may need additional moisture, using Let’s Do Organic I didn’t need any additional moisture as the batter was too wet.)
Mix and cook over medium heat. For other variations on coconut flour pancakes, check out the Pancake category.
And thank you Smoothie Girl for the much appreciated valentine!